Integrated Care: Coordinating mental health, specialty, and primary care services to address the complex needs of veterans
Hosted by the San Francisco VA Health Care System and Swords to Plowshares, with the San Francisco Department on Aging and Adult Services
The purpose of the Veterans Mental Health Summit is to bring together key stakeholders in the community, to share information and work collaboratively, to enhance access to mental health services, and to address the mental healthcare needs of veterans and families residing in the San Francisco area. There will be opportunities for group discussion, information sharing, and action planning.
The event is free to attend. Space is limited.
- 8:30 – 9:30 Welcome and Host Introductions
- 9:30 – 10:15 Brief Community Agency Presentations
- 10:30 – 11:45 Breakout Sessions on Mental Health Integrated with Medical Care, Education, and Housing
- 11:45 – 12:45 Lunch (On Your Own)
- 12:45 – 2:00 Breakout Sessions on Mental Health Integrated with Justice Involvement, Substance Use Harm Reduction, and Complementary/Alternative Modalities
- 2:15 – 3:15 Panel on the Importance of, Scope, and Threats to Integrated Care in the VA and Community
- 3:15 – 4:00 Next Steps and Wrap Up
Six (6) Continuing Education Credits are available for LMFT, LPCC, LEP, LCSW, and CAADE professionals licensed in California. Credits may also be available for VA professionals (more information to follow).
August 22, 2018
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Veterans War Memorial Building
401 Van Ness Avenue, Second Floor, Room 210
San Francisco, CA 94102
Get Directions »