The mission of California Association of Veteran Service Agencies (CAVSA) is to inform public policy and advocate at the state and local level for the mental health, housing assistance, employment, and medical needs that will lift veterans and their families out of poverty and homelessness.
In the 2023-24 legislative session , CAVSA will use the data and research provided in the 2021-22 Annual Report to continue to advocate on policy initiatives and legislation supporting:
- Legislation authorizing a general obligation bond to fund an extension of the VHHP program.
- State and federal funding for veteran supportive services including better utilization of HUD-VASH vouchers.
- Increased funding and increased allocation of Mental Health Services Act funding for veterans mental health and suicide prevention.
- Increased resources for aging veterans.
- Targeted funding for employment services for veterans and establishing a veterans preference employment policy.